Katie:Because “fixing the economy” does not include further empowering the rich while the poor become the impoverished. Because my pay will be determined by the quality of the work I do and not by my sex. Because I will only have a child IF and WHEN I decide to. Because arts are already underfunded. Because I look forward to the day when I can attend ALL my friends’ weddings. Because I am reminded of the environment’s importance with every breath of clean mountain air I have ever taken. Because there are people who die because they can’t afford medical procedures. Because I value people over money. Because I’d rather move forward than backward.
This is what the proposed defense spending would look like through 2022 if Mitt Romney takes office.
Important note! No one (Department of Defense, Military, etc) has asked for this and Romney has not explained where the money would come from.
1. New reporting finds that protest against anti-Islam video played role in Benghazi attacks.
2. Romney harshly criticized Obama’s pledge to send U.S. troops into Pakistan to get Osama bin Laden.
3. Iran is not enriching weapons-grade uranium.
4. Romney will increase military spending by $2.1 trillion, with no plan to pay for it
5. Israeli leaders have praised Obama’s commitment to Israel’s security
Why is Mitt Romney so willing to fall for a “sketchy” deal? Maybe it’s not so sketchy, when you know the details, and refuse to share them with the rest of America.
42 vs. 24. More jobs created under Democratic presidents.
I suppose Jack Welch thinks we fixed these numbers, too.
It’s time for a new economic patriotism. Rooted in the belief that growing our economy begins with a strong, thriving middle class. Read the President’s plan. Compare it to Governor R—
—well, in truth, does Governor Romney have a plan? Last we checked, there were still “details” he had to work out with Congress. Details he didn’t need to share with the likes of us.
Kinda like his Tax Returns.